Thursday 5 December 2013

Contemporary Elizabethan Make-up





This was a contemporary Elizabethan make-up that I did on Kira from my class. I used the Illamasqua white foundation based mixed with a Matt primer. Before I started my make-up look I moisturised the skin very well as the white base can tend to look a bit dry or chalky which I didn't want to happen. I applied the base with a stippling brush. The reason I use this brush so much is because I really like working with it, it buffs the product really well and really really works it into the skin.
     I then went over the base with a large kabuki brush and buffed it again. This gave it a really really nice effect, ad yet some how o Kira , I think it could work as her natural ski colour haa.. I then made sure to powder really really well. I used a Translucent Illamasqua powder to set the make-up and get rid of any shine , especially around the nose area and under and around the eyes as that's where most likely it is to shine or for te base to stick and crease or bleed.
     A good way to test to see if you have powdered enough is to place the back of your hand on the models skin and if it feels i anyway sticky you need to powder more. I then did a thin bit of black liner on the upper lash line and applied mascara using a disposable wand. I then lined the lips with a nude liner and then went over that with a red lipstick. I very slightly contoured the cheeks to give a bit of definition.

   This look had really inspired me fora design including a darker lip and a slightly more contoured face to make it look a bit more dramtic

No comments:

Post a Comment