Tuesday 15 October 2013

Applying make-up the Elizabethan way ... Literally!!

                                             Applying a base Elizabethan Style

So today in class we got to apply make-up the way the women in Elizabethan times would of done it. Obviously we didn't use led but we did use egg whites and Talc powder. It was a lot of fun and really interesting as we have learned a lot about the make-up of that time and it was so interesting to experiment with it and see how it worked and what they did etc
       We started off by Cleansing and toning the skin. We then applied a base to our models but we made it about 1 or 2 shades lighter then what the model would usually wear as it was an Elizabethan style Make-up. We worked with two different techniques. One with just egg whites and one with egg whites and Talc powder. I did the one with just the egg whites which gave a very dewy look in the photos.



                           The photo here shows my model with no egg on just a base





 
This photo shows my model with the egg whites on over the base I applied.

Producer of how I did this:
First I cleansed, toned and moisturized the skin.
I then picked my base colour
I applied the base colour all over the face
I then applied the egg white with a flat foundation brush gently over the base.
I purposely took the photos on different sides of the face so you can see the difference between the two more clearly.










No comments:

Post a Comment