Wednesday 9 October 2013

My first week at Solent :)

                                           My first week at Southampton Solent
  
My first week of Southampton Solent was pretty impressive, It is really really different to anything I've ever done before. We had a brief over view of what the course would consist of and we even had 2nd and 3rd year students to come in and give us a bit of guidance and support and handy tips to remember while at Solent and in the course.
  We did projects to practice transforming ourselves where we had to make masks in the form of a collage and wear them. The big thing was for us was we had the make-up team Illasasqua come in and show us a few make-over techniques where we could ask questions about the different products in our kit etc. It was really exciting and really fun. We also met all of our lectures for our course and got to know a bit about them which was also really interesting and inspiring . So far the course seems really exciting and I'm really looking forward to my next three years at Solent studying Hair and Make-up Design.
   At present we are studying the Elizabethans and their culture, ways of life and their hair and Make-up Techniques. At present we have a project to create an Elizabethan character of our choice. Im expecting it to be extremely interesting and very creative. I'm very fascinated by  the movement of Make-up and how we got from then to now. I'm excited to learn the styles and make-up techniques as I think they will be quite classical and will overlap a lot in other projects. I'm planning on doing lots of research before starting my character so I'm able to make it as realistic as possible. I plan on watching historical films, comparing and contrasting images and portraits from the time and carefully analysing them paying close attention to make-up and hair styles. Also collecting quotes from the time and putting them into practice.     

No comments:

Post a Comment