Wednesday 16 October 2013

Monocromatic Light photo-shoot experiment!

So today I had a test photo shoot for monochromatic light and I decide to do a bit of an experiment with my make-up since I haven't got the correct foundations yet I decided to try and use something else as what would happen if in a brief I was told I couldn't use liquid or something.
  As strange as I am, I was walking through the park on my way home from college and I just started looking at trees, I thought why couldn't I make something look like bark?? Something with heavy texture and just a bit to much? I thought why not after all that why its a test shoot, You have to test to see if it will work or not..It also suited the colour I wanted to work with. I picked the colour Brown, I chose this mainly because its a colour I'm comfortable working with and I think its a colour that suits most peoples skin tones and its not to harsh either.
   Texture is something that I am not comfortable working with as I have never done it and I don't really know much about it. Basically I decide to use what was available to me that wouldn't be really costly.. After all I am a student :) So I used Paper... Well I actually made Paper Moulp.. Yep that's right.. I cooked a paper bag to put on some ones face. I am fully convinced that my house mates think that I have something wrong with me.
   I first covered the face with Vaseline to act as a base and barrier because I was afraid if the paper dried it would like dry into her skin or something and plus I needed something to stick the bits of paper to. Sadly, This didn't work and I was left with wet balls of paper falling randomly off my models face. I then found the spirt gum in my case and glued on every bit of paper with the glue. It was still falling of in places but since I wanted different textures on the face I figured to just go with it falling off.
   I think I needed to work more with her face shape and maybe bring it down onto her neck to really show off the texture a bit more, but I really didn't think it was going to work so I only cooked one bag. I actually like now that bits of her skin are showing as it is showing different surfaces but I think I need to go away and think about it and build on it, how I can make it better, what it was missing etc. I think the hair might look better if it was more like off the face maybe something similar to marge Simpson?
  Anyone has any thoughts or feed back I'd really appreciate it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment