Monday 4 November 2013

My make-up experiment with PAPERSELF lashes



    So today in my Make up class we had a demo on Lash pigmentation and applying false lashes.
PAPERSELF lashes sponsored the lashes for us to use so it was really exciting and fun to experiment with. The make-up was based on Elizabethan make-up with contemporary complimentary colours.
   The colours I chose for this particular look were purple and yellow. I felt these colours worked well on my model's skin tone and colour for her eyes. As the Elizabethans tried to achieve a very flawless look that's what I tried to achieve with highlighting and contouring the face in complimentary colours that weren't  natural or commonly used in Make-up
   





As you can see from the photos I used Yellow the lighter colour for highlighting and the purple, the darker colour for contouring the face and I used a purple with a brown undertone for the eye liner around the eye area. I kinda think this colour suited the models eye colour and made the eye really pop as to say.
 I created my look by first cleansing, toning and moisturising the skin. I then applied a base to the skin and really worked it into the skin and buffed it into the skin. I then applied concealer to the under eye area to conceal any dark circles and uneven skin tone. I then concealed any blemishes thatwas on the skin. I didnt contour the face with concealer as I didnt feel it was necessary as the colours I used to contour were quite strong and unnatural I felt that it wouldnt make much of a difference to the skin anyway. Once I was happy with the base and concealer, I then started working on the eyes and doing the liner. I applied a purple liner with a brown undertone to it . I then measured, fitted and applied my lashes to the eye area. When I was happy with them I then moved on to contouring the face first working with the lighter yellow colour and then the deep purple tones, I feel it showed up quite well in the photograph without being to over powering as the lashes is what I wanted to make the look not the contouring of the face.
  I really enjoyed working with the PAPERSELF Lashes and it was very enjoyable to be using such a well known brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment