Tuesday 12 November 2013

Contemporary Elizabethan make-up and inspirations for my own Designs

I think that this photo has a lot of Elizabethan References in a very modern way, The high collar, the hair, and I really love the colours in this around the eyes, also the really pale white face and soft pink natural lip is a very clear Elizabethan reference.  

 I just love this image so much I'd really like to try and figure out a way to do something like it in my own design. I love the freedom that the make-up has, that it is unstructured and a bit more on the abstract side. REALLY love this!

This reminded me of like Elizabethan meets Alaska. Quite a weird combination I know but when I looked at this I just saw Elizabethan influences. The more kinda white skin, the lavish accessories, the big hats and the royal colours used through the whole colour scheme within the make-up and styling. The soft pastel colours in the lips, the blue obviously being more modern and contemporary.

Then we have Viven Westwood which gave me lots of inspiration for a make-up design. The white blank face with no real definition in it. But I love how the whole face isn't covered in the white,  There's parts on the forehead etc that aren't covered. Taking parts of the Elizabethan Make-up, I really like this idea ALOT.


                 This is possibly one of my favourite images, I love Z!INK magazine , The white pale skin is a reference to the Elizabethan make-up style., the red circle blush has been applied more up on the cheek bone closer to the eye area to have a more contemporary twist on it. The eye brow has also been covered, but has had green placed over it instead of leaving it the basic white colour. You can see that the ears are also covered with the same white pale colour and has been used down onto the neck as well.



      This one has very obviously and clear Elizabethan References. White face, Big curly hair, the lace and frizzles on the collar making the face look very delicate which is what the Elizabethans strived to achieve. But then there is this very modern and dark lip fully defined and winged black eye liner . The collar has been made to be over large and to exaggerate it .



No comments:

Post a Comment