Tuesday 12 November 2013

Elizabethan Make-up applied in studio.




This is my Elizabethan make-up applied and photographed in the make-up studio. I used the Illamasqua white foundation base and I mixed it with a matt primer to create a very matt finish. Before applying the base I applied a rich moisturiser to the face and neck as my partners skin was quite dry and I find the white base to look quite dry on the skin and if you don't moisturize really well before apply it , it just doesn't sit well on the skin. I used a buffing foundation brush to apply it as I find they give a better finish and I find them easier to use. I applied the base to the face, neck and ears so that every where that would be visible would be the pale white colour. I then went over the base with a large kabuki brush to really buff the base and work it into the skin. For the eye brows I covered them with the same base as I did doing the face and then after I had the face and neck really buffed I went back over the brows and really focused on the eye brows with a brow brush applying a base through the hairs of the brow and not onto the skin.
 I then applied a white face powder using cotton wool pads in a rocking motion applying lots of powder all over the face to create that same texture that the Elizabethan's had in their make-up and to give that really matt finish like they had. Once the powder was applied I then applied a small amount of powder pink blush in a circle motion to the apple of the cheek area and didn't blend it back to the ear or on the cheek bone but instead just blended the edges so it didn't look like a clown make-up. I then applied a small bit of pink blush to the lip area undefined to represent what they would have done .
It was quite interesting to do the Elizabethan make-up and it gave me some inspiration for my final design. Looking at the photos of the make-up  I find is always better then looking at the make-up through the mirror or directly at the person. I think I should have focused a bit more around the eye area and really brought the base closer to the eye area and to really powder it around the area and eye lid aswell. I think a small bit more powder could have been done around the forehead and nose area just to give it that really matt finish. Feed back on this of any kind would be hugely appreciated. ! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment